Today was a great day...not only did I get to go shopping for more clothes for Preston (Jared approved this shopping trip!!!), we had an ultrasound to check on him and he is great! We went to the doctor on Tuesday and I was diagnosed with gestational hypertension (high blood pressure during pregnancy). In some cases this can cause the baby to not get enough fluid and blood and can stunt growth and make pregnancy high risk. Fortunately, my blood pressure hasn't effected him and we are taking precautionary measures to make sure it doesn't. He is about 4.7 lbs already! The ultrasound tech said that it hardly ever happens, but his measurements and weight are exactly on for 32 weeks/6 days (He said most babies average out to about plus or minus a week of the actual gestational age). Preston was moving around and covering his face, so we didn't get that many profile shots, but I did add one that we got. You can see he's going to have big lips like everyone else in our family!!!!! :) We will keep everyone updated on what's going on. I will be going in 2 weeks for a non-stress test to make sure he's getting everything he needs. So far, the doc said everything looks great! No more hotdogs though (I was eating them for lunch and dinner...not good since the sodium is crazy high) :(...but of course, Preston is worth it!
In other news, Jared got a new phone this week at work, so now he has caller ID in his office! :) He's still working hard and taking good care of things out here in Cali!
We hope everyone is doing well! Miss and love you all!

Why are my comments not showing up and why can't I see the "followers"?????? What have I done wrong now?
ReplyDeleteHmm... now I see it...... so happy that Preston is getting what he needs! I said earlier he'll probably be a hotdog junkie! I was ready to jump on the next plane out of here to see you guys...no more scares like that Brandi! Getting ready to start the countdown for Cali/Preston trip!!!! WOO HOO!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah... sorry about the big lips! He gets that from me and his uncle Patrick! ;)
ReplyDeleteI will have to tell him to thank his Granny and Uncle Pat for his huge lips!! And less than 7 more weeks!!!!
ReplyDeleteOH MY! I just looked at his new pic really close and see what you are talking about!! THEY DO LOOK HUGE! It has to be a shadow or something....otherwise his lips are half of his face! Hmmmm Can't wait to tell him this story!
ReplyDeleteNow you see what I meant!! I don't think it's right, I think my mind wants to think those are lips when it's just a shadow. We'll find out, I have another ultrasound on August 4! I keep watching the video, but my mind is locked into thinking those are lips!
ReplyDelete